Sunday, 30 December 2007

The park




We took a break from tourism yesterday to go to the park. We were going to take Josh and Avni to Sakkara to see the step pyramid. But the day before, we had gone to Coptic Cairo to see the Hanging church and the Ben Ezra synagogue.The whole time we were there, Maya would look up longingly at us and say: "Playground?!?!?".


So yesterday we gave in to her wishes and had a day just for Maya. We spent the morning at the club, where we ran into her pal S. Maya and S. commandeered a ride-on car and spent the morning pushing each other around the park and fending off other kids who sought to take over their stolen vehicle. I don't know where the owners were. S's dad commented that the two of them were like Bonnie and Clyde. And I have to agree. They like to make trouble together.


After the park, Maya came home and took a nap, and Josh and Avni went off shopping at the Khan el-Khalili bazaar. Then the adults had a nice night out together. On the downside, Maya appears to have caught a cold.


Anyway, these pictures are not from yesterday. I don't have any from yesterday. But to get you in the spirit, here are some pictures of Maya at the park last week, eating a banana on the slide.

2 comments:

JoMama said...

Hi to Egypt!
I follow your blog time to time accross the see, Maya seems such a darling!
I am waiting to be officially waiting any day now , adopting from Ethiopia too:)!
I spent 3 yrs in Saudi myself(from Finland) and curious how you ended up in Egypt...

Anonymous said...

Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.