Friday, 28 December 2007

Hair victory!!



I am very proud of Maya today. I did her hair from start to finish while she was conscious!! And she was extremely well behaved. She was super and deserves a lot of praise. I put her hair in 16 box braids with nice, straight parts. I know it's not a fancy style like sunburst cornrows (like I did last week during her nap). But it's definitely more than simply four ponytails or two big flat twists, which are 5-minute styles and until today were the fanciest I had ever done from start to finish while Maya was awake. This style today took about 30-40 minutes.


I started realizing she could sit still for styles a couple weeks ago. She was starting to wake up from her nap before I could finish her hair. So I would get the fancy top part done, but generally couldn't finish the back before she woke up. So I was doing small parts of her hair while she was in her groggy post-nap state.


She was quite happy to look at pictures and videos on her daddy's palm pilot while I did her hair. But I think the most important thing is that she actually likes to see the finished product and loves having her hair in braids. Anyway, here are some pictures of the hairstyling process. I still think it will be a while before we do cornrows though.

No comments: