Here's how I know my 2-year-old really is NOT being raised in the USA. Her food preferences are hilarious, and also very Mediterranean. Last night, Mike and I went out for a nice date and left Maya at home with her visiting grandparents. We decided to order pizza for them to eat while we were out. So Mike got out the pizza menu, and the following is the conversation:
Mike: Maya, I'm going to order pizza for you and grandma and grandpa.
Maya: (Smiling) Pizza!
Mike: What do you want on your pizza? Cheese?
Maya: No cheese! (wrinkles nose) Cheese spicy...
Mike: Hmmm. OK, well do you want vegetable on your pizza?
Maya: (wrinkles nose) No vegetables!
Mike: OK, well what do you want on your pizza?
Maya: Pomegranate!
Mike: You want pomegranates on your pizza?
Maya: Yes. Pomegranate!
Mike: (wrinkling his nose) A pomegranate pizza?
Maya: Yes! Pomegranate pizza!
Mike: Well, I don't think that the pizza place has pomegranates to put on pizza. Sorry...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment