


OK, so I am very proud of myself for doing Maya's hair in a cool new cornrow style. These are the smallest rows I have ever made, and I did them in a very cool sunburst style. Maya was very happy with her braids as well.
This afternoon, we took my parents over to Teberh's house for a pre-Christmas meal of Misir Wat (lentils), Doro Wat and collard greens over injera. Yummy! We dressed Maya up very nicely and I had her practice saying: "Mommy did it". (You know, so she could tell Teberh and her roommates who did her hair). Of course, when we got there and I asked Maya what she was supposed to tell Teberh, she just said: "Hello". Oh well, I tried...
Maya had a terrific time at Teberh's. She even tried a cup of Ethiopian coffee, or buna. At first, she gave a horrific grimace after trying the coffee and spit it out. But then later she tried again and decided she liked it.
Here are some pictures of Maya from today, with her braids in and dressed up in a very nice dress for dinner at Teberh's.
3 comments:
I think Maya looks especially gorgeous today, her hair style is spectacular, & I am not at all biased!/ G'ma Laura
Miss Maya's hair looks fabulous! She just looks so beautiful and grown-up with her hair done like that. Great job momma!
I am just so impressed with your hairstyling skills Cindy!!!!! Maya's hair looks amazing.
Post a Comment