Tuesday, 25 March 2008

Why I can't wait to leave this apartment!!

We had a moving company come today to do an assessment of how much it will cost to move us and all our stuff to our new apartment. I know labour is really cheap in Egypt, but I am still freaked that the movers might come back with a totally insanely expensive estimate...

Anyway, here are the reasons I can't wait to get out of this apartment:

1) Broken air conditioners in our bedroom and the living room
2) Screwy electric problem in the guest bedroom that means the lights don't work.
3) Screwy electric problem in the living room that means the main overhead light doesn't work.
4) Dishwasher so screwy that we don't even bother to try with it.
5) Dryer that leaks massive amounts of water (well the dryer belongs to us, not the landlord, but still...)
6) Fridge that is about to die (and is so ugly -- color is puke green)
7) Water leaking from the bathroom into the walls of our bedroom and causing really ugly paint bubbles because the people who tiled the bathroom did a really horrible job and the tiles are not watertight.
8) Elevators that are constantly broken -- had to walk down nine flights of stairs this morning, for example.
9) Screwy electric problem in the "office" (really Maya's playroom, which she will not have in our new place) that makes the air conditioner short out constantly.
10) General state of disrepair that basically just makes everything break all the time.

I will miss the short commute, however.

No comments: