Sorry for my hiatus from blogging. Life has been insane. Work has been insane. Work managed to intrude on my vacation and then has been intruding on my personal life since then. Then we all caught a bad cold that I am still recovering from. And Mike went to South Africa for a conference, so it was just me and Maya for a while. But now everyone is home and we are getting back to normal in Cairo.
I do have some pictures I still need to post from our vacation. But my slow internet connection is not encouraging me to do that, as I have to add one picture at a time, and it just goes so slowly.
Maya has been enjoying herself lately. While Mike was gone we made banana bread for the first time. She really enjoyed it. The bread was a little burned on the sides, but otherwise yummy. It's hard to translate 350 degrees to an Egyptian gas oven. We were supposed to cook it for 60-65 minutes, but it was burned at 40 minutes. Whoops! It'll be better next time.
And yesterday when Mike was teaching his class at the university in the evening (why do they insist on evening classes??), Maya and I made pink playdough. Maya actually thought it would be red, because we used red food coloring. She was very surprised when it turned out pink, and has been telling everyone who will listen about how she dyed her playdough with red coloring but that produced pink playdough. Now Maya wants to make green playdough. But I'm not really sure I want multiple colors floating around, especially ones that don't mix well.
Monday, 2 February 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Just a tip- I usually set the oven on 180 C for baking - and just about anything for that matter. Today I'm planning on makimg carrot cake.
Glad you are back on line. It is always enjoyable to watch your life unfold.
jj
I've missed you. When you're not writing, I truly appreciate how much the blog helps me feel a connection to what's happening in your lives./ LCK
Post a Comment