Sunday, 8 February 2009

Maya's preschool is moving!

That's right! Maya's preschool is getting some new digs. They are moving from a crowded garden apartment to a small villa across the street. We just got a note about it today. I am really happy about it, as the space the school is in now is so small, and the kids will have a lot more space after the move. I can't wait to see the new place!

I'm also happy now that we decided to keep her at Small World. The main concern I had about the school was that the facilities were a bit cramped, especially compared to several other trendy preschools that have their own buildings. The other preschools are nice, but their classes are arranged by age, so Maya would have been up to a full year older than other kids in her class based on when her birthday is, which wouldn't have been much fun for her. Or we could have bumped her up to the older class, but then she would have had the opposite problem and been the youngest in her class.

I know I have raved about Maya's school before, but it is just so nice that she can play with kids of lots of different ages and doesn't have to be grouped with only her same-age peers, and also that she is in a school that focuses on learning through play. I think almost all of the kids Maya plays with regularly are a bit older than her. But she also gets to learn how to be nice and play gentle with the younger kids. So it is a really good social experience for her. And now it is going to be in better facilities too!

No comments: