Aaah! I have been sick, sick, sick over the past few days. Actually, everyone in the family has been sick with colds, but everyone else recovered. I started feeling down last Friday but then I thought I was getting better. (Maya and Mike both got better). But then on Tuesday I started feeling bad again, and I stayed home from work on Wednesday and Thursday. I was barely conscious all day those days, and totally drugged up on pseudoepinephrine and tylenol.
Then yesterday I still felt bad. Well, my brain felt like I could think clearly again but I was still really sick. And this morning I still felt really, really bad. So we tried to make an appointment with the doctor's office, thinking that I either have a sinus infection or bronchitis or pneumonia. Only for some reason he wasn't answering the phone.
So I decided to just self-medicate. Mainly because the last time I tried to go to a random Egyptian doctor (I was desperate because I was due to fly to Sudan the next day), I told him what I thought I had (a sinus infection), what drug I needed, and he just gave it to me without any real examination or anything. So I'm a bit reluctant to drag myself out of bed for that again. So now I am on antibiotics (amoxiclav) and hopefully I will get better. I took the first dose this morning. I think I feel a slight bit of energy coming back. It could be a placebo effect. But heck, I'll take that over nothing. And it's very convenient to just be able to call up a pharmacy and have antibiotics delivered to your door within the hour...
Saturday, 7 February 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hope the meds are working. It's sure that time of year. Rick's had a bad cold & cough, and then I started coughing out of the blue. I say we all get the crud out of our systems so we can all be healthy when we arrive for our visit in 3 weeks./L.
Post a Comment