We had a little visitor in our apartment the other day. I won't say what kind to avoid freaking out anyone coming to visit us soon. Let's just say it was not a welcome visitor and appeared to have come into the house from the roof when the balcony door was left open for a long period of time.
The furry friend made its way into the living room and then scampered into Maya's toy area, where it settled in her block drawer, and we could hear it moving around and knocking the blocks. Yikes!! We put Maya to bed and came back out and it was still making noises in the drawer. Yikes again!
I got Maya's orange plastic baseball bat and Mike got a plastic hanger from the bedroom. After a quick strategy session, we re-opened the balcony door and Mike jiggled the block drawer. The furry friend ran out into the open living room floor toward me. Mike yelled at me to get it. I yelled back. Then the furry friend changed directions and scrambled back out the balcony door, which we promptly shut tight. Thank God.
Mike emptied the block drawer, sprayed the blocks with disinfectant, and scrubbed out the drawer. Our furry friend has not returned. And he better stay away!!!
Thursday, 12 February 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
As one of the soon-to-be-visitors to whom I believe you refer, I can only say, I am happy to hear that your furry visitor made as quick an exit as entrance. May it decide that this was not a desireable habitat./A grandmother who is not fond of sharing her abode with living, breathing furry beings
Chills just reading this! We have been there, and we both scream like crazy. I'm glad you didn't have to use the bat!
Okay, slight ignorance here: I know nothing about Egyptian wildlife, so to what kind of furry creatures are we referring here?
I think I may have nightmares tonight...
Post a Comment