I don't want to get anyone's hopes up. But we might be starting potty training. Or not. Who knows? Certainly not me. It's all up to the Mayster!
Today I asked Maya, right before a diaper change, if she wanted me to put on a fresh diaper or if she preferred panties and would therefore go in the potty. And guess what. She said panties. So we lugged her potty downstairs and put on a pair of (supposedly) leakproof training panties. I fully expected that within 10 minutes or so we would be fully retreating to diapers. But Maya managed to go the entire evening without a single accident. Of course, we were sitting her on the potty every 10 minutes to "try". But still, last time we tried this a few months ago she had several accidents within a half hour period. So we were quite proud of her tonight -- except when she stood up from the potty and proceeded to purposely pee on the floor. But hey. It wasn't technically an "accident" since she did it on purpose...
Tomorrow we are going to ask her if she wants to try again to use panties instead of her diaper. We'll have to see what she says. But I'm not counting my chickens just yet!
Monday, 14 January 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment