
We had a pretty cool morning with Maya today. We took her to a cafe we had recently heard about where kids can paint pottery while their parents have a cup of coffee. It's called Ceramic Cafe and it's in the Cairo suburb of Mohandiseen, just across the river from were we live.
We had actually heard about this place a while back and attempted to go there when my parents were visiting. But after frantically searching for the place, we never did find it that day. So I backtracked, got better directions, and today we found it and had a blast!
Maya painted a piece of pottery in the shape of a pizza! She sort of mixed all her colors together, and then ultimately dumped her whole palette of paint on it, so it ended up as a swirly grey with an unpainted white crust. (Note to self: Next time choose colors for Maya that will blend well together, like red and yellow or blue and yellow). I painted a snowman bowl -- ironic in Cairo, don't you think? It was pretty cold today though! My snowman ended up pretty cute, but it does have some speckles of grey on it due to Maya deciding to try to paint my pottery too. And Mike painted a flower vase. He did a pretty serious paint job on his, so maybe it will turn out nice. Maya, of course, also painted her face and the table.
Anyway, we will pick up our glazed pottery next week. I can't wait to do this again. It was pretty fun and I think will get more fun the older Maya gets. It will also be a good summer activity for Cairo when it is too hot to go to the park. I do wish there was a decent indoor play place for kids in this city. It gets really annoying when it's 100 degrees outside for days on end and no good things to do indoors.
Well, I forgot to take pictures, so I'm posting an old one I found of Maya dressing up in an apron and firegirl hat. Tonight we are going to cook brownies from a box!
1 comment:
I am so glad you finally found the Cafe. She sure likes painting her face....... m
Post a Comment