



Maya had a super time in Hurghada. We swam in the beach, played in the sand, swam in the adult pool, jumped around and splashed in the kiddie pool and played in the playgorund. Maya had a blast!
She met two new friends, Alina and Alisa, both from Moscow and about her age. Alina came to play with her sand toys at the beach, and they fought over them, and then Maya decided they would be friends and they played together. We met Alisa at the playground. She was painfully shy but Maya won her over!! It seems most of the people at our hotel were Russian package tourists.
I also got a pedicure -- Auntie Michelle you must be so proud of me!! It was cool! And the woman who did the pedicure also was offering to braid hair and she showed me how to put extensions in Maya's hair. Well, I don't plan on doing that for many years, but it was cool to find out how it is done. And I got a foot massage as well. Mike got a back massage.
It was really hot in Hurghada. Almost too hot! And all the Russian tourists got majorly sunburned. But not us. We put on our SPF 35 sunscreen, and Maya wore her protective rash guard swim shirt. And after Mike started feeling a bit red on the second day, we switched (mostly) to the indoor pool. The Russian tourists thought we were crazy, but we also thought they were crazy for sending their pale complexioned kids out into the sun in just their underwear with no sunscreen on at all!!
Did I mention the topless sunbathing that was going on at the resort? Unbelievable!! We had seen it before on a much lower level in Sharm el-Sheikh, but there was A LOT of it going on at our hotel in Hurghada. And the women just seemed to be totally clueless at how much they were bein gawked at by the staff. Or maybe they did notice but didn't care. I think it is actually illegal in Egypt, but I guess the law is not enforced.
That's all for now. I'll post more later. Meanwhile, here are some pictures from the trip.
4 comments:
I only gave her one!!!gjj
Hi mom. I just got dad's email today because he sent it to my work address, and we were out of town at the beach so I didn't see it before. But I think your e-mail inbox is full. Can you call me?
I am struggling with the mental image of topless folks from a cold climate. It isn't pretty. The beach on the otherhand looks amazing. Welcome back.
I agree with Carrie, not a pretty site!
Maya is looking so beautiful! It looks like you had lots of fun!
Post a Comment