




I have gotten so many compliments on Maya's fancy hairstyles that I have to come clean: I'm a hair imposter. I'm sorry to say the credit for most of Maya's fancy hairstyles rightfully goes to her nanny Tiberh. I only wish I could claim credit for the fancy cornrows and tiny box braids, but unfortunately I can't.
I do have an excuse though! You see, Maya only gets her hair done while she is asleep as she can't sit still. That generally means at naptime, or when I am at work. Her styles typically stay in for about five days, at least the braids. Well, if I am braiding they only stay in about two or three days. But when Tiberh braids her hair the braids stay in about five days.
Tiberh usually does her hair early in the week, and again at the end of the week. I am happy that she does it, as I love Maya's hair to be so beautiful, but it is hard for me to get any practise.
Anyway, I did her hair this weekend. So you can see my true talent. I think I did a pretty good job with triangle parts and all. But it is not nearly as good as when Tiberh does it. On Thursday I did little triangle puffs and on Friday I turned the puffs into piggyback ponytails. The first three pictures are of Maya having breakfast on Friday morning on our balcony and the later pictures are of Maya at refugee day after I redid her hair during her nap.
2 comments:
I think you did fabulous!! I love that you "came clean"! How lucky to have a nanny that does so great with her hair.
LOVE IT!!!
That's so funny b/c I just found your blog and I was looking at the pictures and thinking - this little girl's hair always looks beautiful! :) That's great your nanny can do it for you - and you did a great job too!
Post a Comment