


Maya is becoming quite a mischievious little chatterbox. Today she took Lalla and went to sit on her special perch on top of the sofa -- the high part of the sofa, not the seat. She threw Lalla on the floor and here is the conversation:
Maya: "Mommy Lalla jump"
Maya: "Get it"
Me: "Mommy get it please?"
Maya: "Peas?"
I go get Lalla, and hand Lalla to Maya, who again throws it.
Maya: "Mommy get it"
Me: "What happened to Lalla?"
Maya: "Lalla walk"
Maya: "Get it, get it"
Me: "Please?"
Maya: "Peas?"
Then she goes to the kitchen, and just stands silently in the dark by the refrigerator door until I come in. When I come in...
Maya: "Aka, aka" (This is from the Amharic word for open)
I open the door
Me: "What do you want, Maya?"
Maya: "Juice"
I poor juice into her sippy cup. She goes back to her perch with Lalla and her sippy cup of juice. She throws Lalla and the juice on the floor.
Maya: "Get it"
Me: "Get what?"
Maya: "Juice"
Me: "Well you threw the juice on the floor, so you should get down and get it"
Maya: "Juice drop. Get it."
I sigh...
Maya: "Peas peas peas"
...Anyway, here are some fresh Maya pictures from today.
Maya: "Mommy Lalla jump"
Maya: "Get it"
Me: "Mommy get it please?"
Maya: "Peas?"
I go get Lalla, and hand Lalla to Maya, who again throws it.
Maya: "Mommy get it"
Me: "What happened to Lalla?"
Maya: "Lalla walk"
Maya: "Get it, get it"
Me: "Please?"
Maya: "Peas?"
Then she goes to the kitchen, and just stands silently in the dark by the refrigerator door until I come in. When I come in...
Maya: "Aka, aka" (This is from the Amharic word for open)
I open the door
Me: "What do you want, Maya?"
Maya: "Juice"
I poor juice into her sippy cup. She goes back to her perch with Lalla and her sippy cup of juice. She throws Lalla and the juice on the floor.
Maya: "Get it"
Me: "Get what?"
Maya: "Juice"
Me: "Well you threw the juice on the floor, so you should get down and get it"
Maya: "Juice drop. Get it."
I sigh...
Maya: "Peas peas peas"
...Anyway, here are some fresh Maya pictures from today.
2 comments:
Maya is obviously learning the magic power of the magic word! Grandma Laura
Yes. She definitely understands please! I think she is also mastering the subtle (or in her case not-so-subtle) art of manipulation. It's very amusing to watch... albeit a little frustrating.
Post a Comment