Saturday, 9 June 2007

Mike goes to Qatar

Mike is flying off to Qatar today for a short business trip. He is going to a refugee law conference and will be giving a presentation. He will be back on Tuesday afternoon, so it's not nearly as long a trip as my trip to Sudan was. And after he gets back there will be no more business trips for either of us for a very long time, in shah allah.

We've been trying to tell Maya about when we are going away and when we will be back for both our trips. It's not entirely clear she understands though. We told her last night that daddy was going on a business trip, and she didn't react. this morning when he left, she was busy blowing bubbles with Tiberh. He tried to have a serious chat with her, after which she shouted: "Bubbles".

We'll have to see how she is tonight.

But when Mike gets back I think we'll have a very nice weekend. I am trying to arrange to take Thursday off (since I still have some days owed to me from my Sudan trip), and we will have a 3-day weekend.

Also next weekend is refugee day at the American University in Cairo. It's a big annual event complete with booths and food and it's a big deal in the refugee community. Mike will be manning the AMERA (that's the refugee legal aid group where he works) booth for an hour, with Maya's help of course. After that we will wander. I think it will be a lot of fun for Maya, and there will be lots of Ethiopians and Eritreans there, so I'm sure she will enjoy the limelight.

No comments: