This baby LOVES the water. So I hope the grandparents out there are lining up some swimming opportunities for Maya in August!!!
I took Maya swimming today at the pool at the Marriott in Zamalek, where we have a pool membership. It was our first swimming trip of the summer -- the last time was in Sharm el-Sheikh with Grandma Laura and Grandpa Rick. Wow, what a difference a few months makes.
As soon as we got her swimsuit on in the locker room, Maya was raring to go. We went out to the pool area and it was all I could to do put the towels down before jumping in the shallow end of the pool with Maya. After getting wet we decided to see if Maya would dunk her head under water briefly -- she thought that was fun.
Then I put her up on the edge of the pool and told her to jump to mommy. She jumped right in. She has absolutely no fear, and squealed with delight before shouting 'again'. We did that about 20 times before she noticed there was a waterfall separating the shallow end of the pool from the deep end. She asked me to 'Get dat'. So we went over to the waterfall, where Maya stuck out her tongue to catch the spray before demanding to 'go' under the waterfall.
Afterward, she decided she wanted to swim by herself. She kept trying to push my hands away from her and saying 'mommy go'. Mmmm. I don't think so. We also practised floating on our back and jumping in the air and splashing. After swimming Maya decided she was 'ungry' and demanded 'lunsh', so we went to eat in the Marriott tea garden, where I had a kofta sandwich and Maya had a kid's pizza, most of which is now in our fridge because she only had the appetite for about half a piece . She is now well into the rare third hour of her afternoon nap -- I guess swimming is also tiring.
Sorry no pictures but Mike went to work today so I didn't have the opportunity to take any Maya swim pix, but maybe next time...
Sunday, 3 June 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love Maya's hairstyle. I am playing around with Makena's hair as I would love to have it in braids. We just got some "snaps" but I am finding it difficult to style as her hair texture is so soft. Braids won't stay for long. Makena loves the water too. I wish we lived a whole lot closer and they could go swimming together :)
Oh and happy reunion!
Post a Comment