



We took Maya to her first Fourth of July bash today, sponsored by the U.S. embassy. Ironically, the party was held at the Maadi British International School. Seriously, have they no shame? Somebody should inform them that the British are the ones we got independence from... We should not be having our independence day party at the British school.
Anyway, we had a great time. They had lots of free food, including hot dogs made from pork -- seriously rare to find that in Cairo. They had cotton candy, balloons, and a big sheet cake with a U.S. flag on it. They had a bingo game, played Simon Says for prizes, and had a dance contest. Admission was by U.S. (or Canadian) passport. Maya had a serious blast.
But the best part of the party for Maya was the blow up bouncy toy. Maya loved it. She jumped around with all the bigger kids. She even wanted to go on the big tall bouncy slide, but we thought that was a little much given that she is only 20 months old. She also really wanted to go on this bungee jump-type toy where you bouncy really high off a trampoline but are in a harness. We said no to that one.
I also did Maya's hair in red, white and blue snaps and beads. It took two hours for me to do and I did it during Maya's nap. I am seriously proud of the outcome!! It was my first time ever putting beads in. The only problem is that I think I put more braids on one side than the other, so the style is a bit lopsided. But i think it's still good.
Anyway, we had a great time. They had lots of free food, including hot dogs made from pork -- seriously rare to find that in Cairo. They had cotton candy, balloons, and a big sheet cake with a U.S. flag on it. They had a bingo game, played Simon Says for prizes, and had a dance contest. Admission was by U.S. (or Canadian) passport. Maya had a serious blast.
But the best part of the party for Maya was the blow up bouncy toy. Maya loved it. She jumped around with all the bigger kids. She even wanted to go on the big tall bouncy slide, but we thought that was a little much given that she is only 20 months old. She also really wanted to go on this bungee jump-type toy where you bouncy really high off a trampoline but are in a harness. We said no to that one.
I also did Maya's hair in red, white and blue snaps and beads. It took two hours for me to do and I did it during Maya's nap. I am seriously proud of the outcome!! It was my first time ever putting beads in. The only problem is that I think I put more braids on one side than the other, so the style is a bit lopsided. But i think it's still good.
1 comment:
Maya is just beautiful. She looks like she has the same easy spirit and inherent joy.
Your family seems to always be doing something fun!
As always her hair looks fabulous.
Post a Comment