Sunday, 7 September 2008

Potty humor and princess dresses

I know most of you all know about Maya and her ballerina/princess obsession. But a little known secret is also her very well developed potty humor...

Tonight, Mike was working late and Maya and I had a killer evening of pretending to order food laced with yucky stuff, then pretending to taste and like it... or not. Maya was literally rolling on the floor laughing. Our pretend telephone conversation with the delivery man went like this:

Maya: Mommy, you like poop?
Me: Noooooo!
Maya: Mommy, you like to poop? You want to eat some?
Me: OK
Maya: OK mommy order from old mcdonalds.
Me: Yes, Hello McDonalds? I would like to order dinner for my daughter Maya.
Maya: Ha Ha Ha (already laughing hysterically cuz she knows what I'm going to order)
Me: Yes, I would like a poopburger. Yes, and some fries with poop, and poop juice.
Maya: (Actually rolling on the floor unable to contain herself)
Me: Ding Dong. (I am pretending to be delivery person)
Maya: You have my dinner.
Me: Yes, that's $10 (I hand her pretend food and she hands me pretend money)
Me: You like it?
Maya: Yummy!

Then, after this exchange, we had to play this game for like another hour. We ordered potty food from Pizza Hut, from Carvel Ice Cream, etc, etc. Who knew that Maya would find this so funny???

No comments: