
While I was working the weekend shift today, Mike and Maya had quite an adventure. First, our friend G., who was planning to come to our house for an evening barbecue, came over to drop off a beautiful cheesecake in our fridge while she went apartment hunting in our neighbourhood. They are considering moving from Zamalek, which is cool because Maya really enjoys playing with their little boy, who is 3.
Anyway, Mike showed Maya the cake and told her not to touch it, and that it was for eating after our barbecue. And he put it in the fridge. Ten minutes later he got a phone call. While he was chatting on the phone, Maya went into the kitchen to put "birthday candles" on the "birthday cake".
A few minutes later, she came out of the kitchen completely naked and told Mike: Help me, I need to take a shower. Blueberry compote was all over her legs. In the kitchen, the cheesecake was upside down on the floor, with some wooden toys -- the "birthday candles" sticking out the top.
Mike helped Maya take a shower, then he scrambled to try to replace the cheesecake so nobody would notice. But of course he couldn't find the exact same cheesecake so we had to fess up to our friends later.
That was the first shower of the two shower day. Later, when Mike again had his head turned, Maya managed to find some of her hair gel and smeared basically the entire container over her head. Then she announced that she looked pretty. So they had to do another shower. All I can say is after that, Maya's hair was very moisturized.
3 comments:
Oh Gosh! At least she's got taste! Literally :)
As I was looking at Maya I saw M. She does the same kind of stuff. She just broke away from me in the grocery store and went behind the bakery counter and into the glass case, (I don't know how she managed this one), and pulled a chocolate cake onto the floor! She also bathed herself in cocoa butter and preparation H.
Gotta laugh, right?
Oh my! How does someone look so cute while doing something so bad?!? Toddlers are the funniest...at least they make the funniest stories in retrospect :)
Oh Maya. I know another Maia who would be very, very, very proud.
Post a Comment