
First, we slept in until 1 p.m. due to our middle of the night trip to the emergency room. When we woke up and got dressed, Maya watched a Barney video. She is wearing her fire hat as a prop for the "silly hat" song. Earlier, she had also decided to play doctor with the stethoscope.

Next, Maya asked to have her nails painted with polish, so we had a little spa time. It was a big treat for her.
She also painted daddy's toenails, and his fingernails, and part of her toy kitchen (not pictured). We had to order out for some nail polish remover.


After the spa treatment, Maya asked to go swimming at the club. We decided that there would be no swimming within the first 12 hours after an emergency room visit. So I offered to make brownies. Maya said she wanted to make cookies. But we had no cookie mix, and there was no way I was going to make cookies from scratch, especially since we have no chocolate chips. So we offered to walk to the store (a 5-minute walk) to get some cookie mix. But the store was out of cookie mix, so instead I got Maya a new pair of purple flip flops. That made her very happy and she forgot all about the cookies, which were only a second choice to the pool anyway. We came home and made slushies instead, then ate them on the balcony.



My question is this. The doctor said she can't go play outdoors or swim until her antibiotics are finished. Then he put her on a 7-10 day course of drugs. I want to know is he kidding about this? There is no way I can keep Maya at home all day tomorrow...
EDIT: Mike asks. How is it that my 2-1/2 year old with bronchitis has WAY more energy than I do?

5 comments:
Whom am I to contradict the physician? But the admonition that Maya is not to go o/s or in the pool until she completes a 10 day course of antibiotics sounds pretty old-fashioned to me. Even when I was a kid a year or so ago, we were allowed to return to school after a couple of days. The rule of thumb when her daddy was growing up was 24 hours without a fever and behavior that showed that the child was ready to return to normal activities was sufficient for return to activities with other kids (i.e. - school). Prior to that, quiet o/s activities without getting overheated (is that possible in Cairo?) or chilled (not an issue in Cairo) were fine if the child felt up to it. Now you use that info however you wish. I'm just glad that Maya isn't feeling bad. Do you see improvement in her symptoms with the medication?/ G'ma L.
Sorry to hear that Maya is sick! That stinks!! But, I can not imagine why she wouldn't be able to go outside or to the pool after a day or two, especially since she is on antibiotics. Makes no sense to me.
But, she does look adorable and like it isn't slowing her down much. Oh, and she did a GREAT job on daddy's nails!
Mike, I am speechless. You wear polish so well!
I hope Maya feels better soon. I love the polish BTW! Stunning! : )
Are you guys okay? On vacation?
Mike, I am ALWAYS amazed no matter the circumstance how much energy my little girl has!!
Post a Comment