Wednesday, 4 June 2008

Back from Sudan!


Wow! It's nice to be home. I have to say this was my best trip to Sudan yet. First, it was the shortest, just 5.5 days, and Maya seemed to take the whole thing pretty well. And it was over a weekend so I get comp days and have a 4-day weekend starting today. How cool is that! Plus I was really busy the whole time I was there so I didn't have lots of free time to mull over how much I was missing Maya...

Plus, fruit was in season there that is not in season yet in Egypt. Like fresh mango, which was delicious! And fresh cherries! But I have to say that Sudan is the hottest country I can ever recall having been to. I am not sure if it is hotter than Saudi Arabia, but let me tell you, it must be close. It is WAY hotter than Egypt.

I wanted to go shopping for some souvenirs while I was there, but somehow in the three trips I have taken to Sudan over the past two years, I have never had even a moment free to do either a) sight-seeing or b) shopping. Grrrrrr. Maybe next time.
Oh yeah, and here's a nice picture of Maya taken the week before I left. She's wearing a new outfit that my brother Greg got her. She loves it! She's such a fashion queen!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love that picture of her on the carpet. She is really beautiful... J