Tuesday, 10 June 2008

Sick Sick Sick Sick


That's four days of being sick for me. I have the works, everything imaginable. So annoying that I am sick too, and that one of my days of sickness had to fall on a day off from work. Grrrr....


I keep thinking I am getting better too, and then I feel worse again. Fever, vomiting, stomach cramps, bloating, gas, extreme fatigue, etc, etc. So frustrating. And I'm bored out of my mind. And even though Tibby is at home with Maya, the girlie just thinks I should play with her. And I want to. But I can barely make it from bed to sofa without stopping for a break in between. Ok, well today was a little better actually. But still I don't feel right.


So after four days I am doing some internet research to try to figure out what I have. At first I thought it was a virus, but no one else close to me is sick at all so I kind of doubt that it is a virus.


I think it is probably not an amoeba like giardia or e hystolica (which I had a few years ago). Mainly because I am vomiting, which is really rare for me (haven't vomited since we were in Ethiopia adopting Maya 2.5 years ago). And I don't think amoebas typically cause lots of vomiting.


That leaves food poisoning, gastroenteritis type of illness. I was actually looking up Salmonella poisoning and it is a definite maybe. Or e coli. Or some other similar nasty bug. And I have told Mike that I think the blueberries we bought are my main suspects. He denies this, saying that they couldn't be, as he and Maya also had blueberry pancakes and didn't get sick. But I am still highly suspicious. I am keeping my options open regarding the rest of the blueberries in our freezer.


Anyway. Tonight I am going to self-medicate. With cipro! Hope it works.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your mother votes for the cipro. If nothing else go see the doctor... Do take care of your self...

Anonymous said...

I vote with your mother. It doesn't sound like a virus or food poisoning since that would affect everyone that ate the offending food. Definitely see a good doc if you are not significantly better very, very soon./ Laura

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that you are so sick. My mom has the same symptoms and we think she got salmonella from the contaminated tomatoes roaming around the US. What a buumer I had gotten Mary Poppins tickets on Broadway for the two of us (Mother's Day gift) and had to give them away cause she was WAY TOO sick. Hope you feel better. My mom had it on Sat and is now feeling a bit better. - Ali in NY (frequent reader)