Maya, in keeping with her personality, has found a new way to try to get what she wants. Here is an example:
Maya: Mommy, can I watch a Sesame Street video?
Me: (I open my mouth to start to tell her that she can watch a short word-on-the street clip if she cooperates with putting her jammies on and brushing her teeth, but don't actually say anything because I get interrupted)
Maya: Yes or no? Yes or no, mommy?
Or how about this one:
Maya: Can I have a dessert mommy? Yes or no?
or:
Maya: Can we got to Fagnoon today mommy? Yes or no?
Clearly, she has learned that mommy (and daddy) will impose conditions on her getting what she wants. She usually does get mostly what she wants if she cooperates. And now she is trying to cut out the conditions...
Friday, 21 November 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment