It is so funny to watch Maya develop language. In both Arabic and Amharic, a market is a souk. Therefore, Maya thinks that a supermarket is actually a "soukermarket", and that's what she calls it. Too funny.
She also has a new phrase she likes to use, when looking for approval: "Mommy, I'm a good jobber!"It's so cute. She also tells me that I am a good jobber when I do things that she thinks merit praise.
Maya is also a birthday party crasher. Yesterday, she went to three birthday parties, and the first one she was not exactly invited to. (The other two she was invited). The non-invited party was at our club, and had a huge bouncy castle and ball pit, which she played in. I actually don't usually try to prevent her from doing this because, well, it's a small club and in order to keep her out of the bouncy, we'd have to leave the club. And since there are parties every weekend, that's not really workable for us. Plus, people are generally not that possessive of bouncy castles at our club.
But I generally try to prevent Maya from asking for birthday cake or doing the organised games at these parties. Yesterday, however, when Mike tried to remove her from the party as the kids were sitting down for cake, he was reprimanded by a set of about 3-4 moms who told him it would be cruel to make her leave. I don't know how she always manages to get people to be so nice to her. Nobody (other than her parents) ever says no to this little girl. She had a great time at all three parties, though.
Saturday, 11 October 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Cindy I know how much you LOVE these games so this is why I tagged you :)
Please tell us 7 random things about yourself!
Post a Comment