Saturday, 11 October 2008

New Maya pics











It is finally cool enough to go back to Fagnoon. We went last week with Maya's friends Sam and Kestas (and their families), and I think we are going to be spending a lot of time at Fagnoon this winter!!

The kids played on the grass, did some pottery on old fashioned wheels, and painted. Kestas's mom brought a neat rocket-shooter toy, so the kids shot off some rockets in the grass. And we brought snacks and ate them at picnic tables. And they were making bread in a traditional oven, so we bought some. And the kids rode on a donkey.

The coolest thing is that apparently on most days, they will actually let the kids work with the dough and "make" their own traditional pocket bread. We couldn't do it the day we went because it was a national holiday so they weren't doing that activity. But they said most other days of the year they will. So I can't wait to go back!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fagnoon--great idea for the holiday! We'd love to join you sometime this fall if you do go back.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great time. Love the pottery wheel - messy hands and happy face. Fagnoon - I don't even know where that is, but I wish we could join you too!