Wednesday, 23 July 2008

Our neighborhood



Just thought those of you who haven't been here might appreciate a picture or two of our building and street. So how many trees there are (for Cairo anyway, and compared to Zamalek for sure).


Also a note on Maya's verbal development. She has learned how to turn verbs into nouns. Hence the "hunter", "hider", etc of the the last post. The other morning she came out of the bathroom distressed because she couldn't find the potty seat -- you know the one that fits over a regular potty seat to make it easier for kids to use the adult potty.


She said: "Mommy, the potty worker is not there."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your new place looks wonderful...Where is the parking? The only thing I would miss is the view of the Nile... j

Anonymous said...

The building is beautiful--much nicer on the outside than your previous place, although I agree with your mom that the view of the Nile was special.

The Mayaisms are so much fun. They give such a glimpse into how she thinks and experiences life. The blog is such a great place to preserve some of these gems. I wish I had recorded more of these quotes from her father, uncle, & aunt when they were preschoolers./L.

Susan said...

When I first arrived in Maadi I couldn't believe that this was what Cairo looked like. We used to live on Road 206 closer to midhan Degla than to CAC. Once you crossed midhan Degla you could walk along Mustafa Kamel road with very little traffic. The trees hanging over the road, the random taxi driving by...I miss that aspect of life there.