Tuesday, 13 November 2007

Funny Story

This morning, Maya was examining her yellow floaty ducky in the bathroom while I was getting ready for work. She pulled at its tail and said: "Look mommy, buckle."

OK, I can understand why she thought it was a buckle, because it is just a little yellow cloth flap on the duck's behind.

So I said: "Oh, yes, I can see why you would think that. It sort of looks like a buckle. But it's actually the duck's tail. It's where the duck goes potty."

So then I turn around to brushing my hair or whatever it is that I was doing. I can't recall exactly. And I hear this voice behind me saying: "Duck. Potty. Duck, make potty."

I turn back to look at Maya and see that she has put the duck in her little toddler potty -- yes in the actual bowl of the potty -- and is standing over it giving it instructions to go potty and hovering to see the result. I totally laughed my head off!

No comments: