Maya is starting to tell us what she likes in a very funny way. I have a big picture of Maya as the background on my laptop, and Maya loves to look at the picture, and even kiss it on the mouth. Yesterday, she came up to it and said: "Baby like". I wondered what she meant.
"Baby likes what?" I asked her.
"Baby like!" she said, pointing at the screen.
It seems this is her new way of telling us that she likes the baby on the screen. Then today when we were going downstairs in the elevator, she looked up at me and said: "Daddy like!" Very sweet.
I have also heard: "Lalla like!" and "Donkey like". It is very cute to watch her learn to speak. She is doing another really cute thing with her language. She has started to say "bye bye" in Amharic.
So now when Tiberh leaves at the end of the day, Maya says: "Ciao, ciao".
Another funny language thing she did yesterday after dinner was that she will now switch languages if we do not listen to her in one language. She was sitting at the table asking for water using Arabic, and Mike and I were both busy and not paying that much attention.
She said "Miyah, miyah, miyah, miyah."
But then when that didn't get her an immediate response, she shouted: "WA WA, WA WA".
I said: "Oh, Maya do you want some water?"
"YEEEEESSSSSSS!" she said.
Thursday, 5 July 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment