Why is it that I can't manage to have an hour and a half of free, uninterrupted time to put Maya to bed in the evening? Why is it that I get work calls at precisely the moment when Maya's eyes are fluttering softly toward closed? Why is it that most of the work calls I get at moments like these are utterly stupid and unnecessary?
Seriously, if there was really a dire need to contact me between 8 and 9:30 p.m., I probably wouldn't mind. But instead I get calls about managing the schedule for the next day, or who can share a vehicle with whom. Other times people call me to find out what shift they are on at work the next day, or just to ask what is going on at work.
Seriously people! If you must call me for these mundane things, can you either do it before 8 p.m. or after 9:30 p.m.? I am not going to be able to do much for you if I am dealing with a disoriented toddler who has been jolted awake by the telephone and probably thinks it's time to play.
I got about 10 work phone calls while trying to put Maya to bed this evening. Go figure this would happen while Mike is out of town.
Sunday, 6 April 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
This sort of begs the question of why you don't just turn off your ringer when it's bedtime...
Post a Comment