



Tiberh did Maya's hair yesterday in seriously beautiful traditional braids. They are absolutely gorgeous! I had asked her a couple weeks ago if she could do a traditional hairstyle for Maya, but I was not expecting it yesterday!
I was jaw droppingly awed by Maya's hair yesterday. I wonder if I will ever be able to do braids this beautiful. Here are some pictures of Maya eating pomegranate this morning with her new hairstyle.
3 comments:
They look phenomenal!
I'm curious what makes them "traditional"? Is it the pattern? ALL of the children and women in T's family and the majority of ET children here in Chicago wear their hair long. I rarely get the opportunity to see braids. I would love to have M's hair braided but it is just too soft :(
Maya looks adorable and happy and as always.
Thanks. It is the pattern (for me) that makes it traditional. I have seen Ethiopians here in Egypt do braids in this type of style for things like weddings and special events. And I've seen these types of designs in photo books as well.
Here lots of people wear their hair long and straightened, but there are also a lot of people who wear braids, though in more simple styles for everyday use.
M would look gorgeous with braids, but I know what you mean about being soft. Maya's braids typically only last for a week, which is not long compared to how long I've heard others are able to keep them in. If her hair were any softer, it would be really hard!
Cindy she looks beautiful! Her braids are incredible and I love the pattern. It's so cool that you have such an incredible resource at your fingertips. I too wonder if I will ever get to a point where I would actually be able to accomplish something like that.
I am so glad you shared. She loks so good! Oh, and I love the park pics too. Great job!
Post a Comment