Monday, 10 September 2007

Three cheers for Maya

Guess what Maya did last night -- she peed in her potty!! I honestly do not know if this will ever repeat itself, but it is a major achievement for her, and one that won lots of mommy praise.

Maya has been obsessed for the past week or so with her new Elmo panties (to go along with her Elmo potty doll) that we picked up in the U.S. But up until yesterday she had been demanding to wear the panties but refusing the potty. Not a good combination... And we were wondering if we needed to put the panties and the potty away for a while.

So last night as we were getting ready to bed, Maya asked to use the potty. I took off her diaper and she sat on the potty and peed. Wow!! I never imagined I'd be so excited about potty training. But there it is. We'll see if she can repeat her success tonight.

Meanwhile, I have been home sick from work for the past two days with a fever that came on suddenly on Saturday night. I was fine all day, and then about 10 p.m. I started feeling terrible and had a fever -- and I never get fevers even when I am deathly ill. I had no other real symptoms other than a fever of around 102, chills and a splitting headache.

But my fever seems to have finally broken after a lukewarm shower this morning and while I am still tired, hopefully I will be better by tomorrow.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay Maya! Boo Mama! Feel better.

Anonymous said...

Hi Cindy it is me again...

I read many of your comments on a forum today and really related to what you had to say. I don't go to that forum regularly and wish you would write about these topics on your blog. You have meaningful insight and I learn so much. You also have a nonthreatening way of expressing yourself that I enjoy :)

Sprout's House said...

Yay Maya! Funny what can get one excited these days, eh? I know the sight of a little socks or the cute little onesies throw me into a tizzy of laughter and smiles. I love it! (Potty training may actually cause me to pass out with joy! LOL)

I also concur with what Nancy said. I was going to PMI you,and probably will, but I thank you for your comment on my post. It was right on the money!

CINDY... said...

Hi all. I will think about posting on my blog on adoption issues. Have to work up my courage on that one a little still. Mike read your comments too and he says he wants me to post here too....so maybe I will soon.