
I am informed that the Lalla rescue mission is underway. The two new Lallas have been spotted at Grandma Laura and Grandpa Rick's in upstate New York and are said to now be in transit to Cairo via the U.S. Postal Service. They are due to arrive in Cairo on Saturday.
Of course I'm sure now that they are on their way to us we will probably locate the old Lalla. But that's OK. By the way, Maya's sandals are also lost as of a couple days ago. What is going on here? Where on earth is that girl stashing her stuff?
Maya definitely misses her Lalla. Yesterday (before I left for Sudan), Maya was playing with the remains of my dinner -- adding "ingredients" such as diet Sprite and banana to my special rice and meat tagen going-away Egyptian comfort food dish that I had ordered from a great restaurant that we just discovered called Le Caire 1940. Anyway, I asked Maya if she was cooking dinner, and she said: "Cooking". I asked her if she was cooking for Mommy -- "No". Cooking for Daddy -- "No". So I said: "Who are you cooking for?" She said: "Lalla".
Anyway, I am now blogging to you from Khartoum, where I will be until May 31 (that's 14 days from now exactly). Then I will, God willing, take a week off work for some special Maya and mommy time. Today's picture is from this morning -- Mike e-mailed it to me as part of my daily Maya fix. She picked out the shirt herself!
No comments:
Post a Comment