Monday, 9 March 2009

Car troubles

So about a year ago we had the windshield on our car replaced. The car mafia uses the windshield wipers to mark which cars need dusting. A car with the wipers up needs dusting. Then when the car is dusted, the mafia slams down the wipers. Well, the rubber wore off our wipers, leaving an exposed metal blade. And repeated slamming cracked our windshield. Lame, I know.

So we sent our car to the Toyota service center in Egypt to replace the windshield, and our windshield was replaced.

Fast forward to this weekend. We were driving to the beach in Ain Sokhna. We crossed a railroad track about 5 minutes from our hotel. It was bumpy. As we bumped over the tracks, the rear-view mirror simply fell off the windshield and into Mike's lap. We picked it up and looked at it. The Toyota service people had simply glued it to the windshield.

Now I am not really sure how these things are supposed to be attached. But I'm pretty sure that it was not done the proper way. I mean, who ever heard of a rear-view mirror falling off before?? Our next task, glueing it back on...

No comments: