Sunday, 4 May 2008

Starting preschool tomorrow!!

Maya is starting preschool tomorrow, and we're both nervous about it!! Actually I'm sure Maya will be totally fine, but I feel like I am losing my baby girl. Mike and I will walk her to school in the morning, and Tibby will pick her up in the afternoon. We are only doing two days a week for the first year, as we really value the Amharic exposure that Tibby gives her and we don't want to cut back on that more than we have to.

We have to pack a lunch for her tonight, and I don't know what to pack. A Labna sandwich maybe?? (Labna is thick, spreadable Arab bitter yoghurt) That is Maya's current favorite lunch food. Maybe some fruit and a box of skim milk? Maybe some fruity yoghurt? I think I will pack some stickers for her in her lunch box, too!

No comments: